Grey Coast Anarchist News (greycoast.wordpress.com) is a Northwest anarchist resources site. The focus is on spaces and groups that can be connected with, for interconnecting our struggles bio-regionally. It will take some time to develop the links, similar to Infoshop.org’s “Anarchist Neighborhood” wiki project, but you can help by sending anything relevant. We’ll include links to local anarchist projects in as many places we can link to, as well as resources and ways to find out what’s going on in the Northwest. Check out the new films made by anarchists page at the top, and the music links.
Want to send in news? you can still send the articles to the site by (a) emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or (b) using the “send content” page at the top. You can also create a WordPress account and ask to write or repost articles on here.
Want to put your blog, site, info, resources in the links section? Contact us to send local or regional links, projects and resources. Here are some more ideas of what is envisioned for the site:
- Regional & local anarchist assembly info/dates can be linked here.
- The “Regional Links“page at the top has sub-pages for most of the relevant cities/areas in the Northwest, which all include links to local projects by locality and/or metro area.
- Information about local struggles in the pages for each city. For example, Tacoma is where the Northwest Detention Center is located and is been a focus for that area. Anti-police is a focus in Portland. Central and Southern Oregon will have links to info about the forests. Port trucker info is interesting to Seattle, etc.
- The Grey Coast anarchist calendar has a regional focus, but isn’t being used that much.
- Book tours and anarchists on tour. If someone or a group is touring the NW, share the info and contact info on Grey Coast, that way anarchists in other NW cities can pick up on it, and figure out how to bring the speakers to their town.
- Regional demonstrations. If there’s a call out for a regional demo, send it here.
- Regional solidarity. Callouts for regional solidarity can be linked from here.
- Things of cultural interest: such as art and music. Benefits, bookfairs and events of regional interest.
Love & Chaos